People Who Change Perspectives (Videos+Quotes)
Ever think - "I never looked at it that way?" - that's when a perspective shift happens. Below are some quotes and videos that have personally changed my perspective on a variety of topics.
- On Soulmates: "Tell me - the one person who has caused you the most pain in your life - and THAT is your soulmate...because it is the person who has expanded your soul the most." - Caroline Myss
- On Misfits and Troublemakers: "While some may see them as the crazy ones, we see genius. Because the people who are crazy enough to think they can change the world - are the ones who do." - Steve Jobs
- On Your Legacy: "You have no idea what your legacy will be...your legacy is every life you've touched." -Maya Angelou (Oprah's Commencement Speech - 24:16 - but the entire speech is worth watching)
- On Meditation: "Jessie, when you used to be an athlete every day - that was your form of meditation. Meditation doesn't mean you just sit there and pray or clear your head - it's any time that your mind gets clear. Meditation can come in different forms - writing, drawing, exercising...it's when you clear your mind." - An old friend of mine
- On Success: "You are not defined by your job - you are defined however - by how you spend your free time." - An old account/CEO